Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Year Over, and a New One Just Begun

Another Year Over and a New One Just Begun

So this time last year, I was brand new to Eighth Street Boarding House. I was quiet, I was cynical, and I basically hated the world. That was because my aunt and uncle had basically isolated me and moved to Idaho with their new kids. And that made me come here with reservations, and I was guarded, and I was very critical of everything. And my first real friend that didn't betray me was Ivy.

And here comes my rant about Ivy. Ivy was my absolute best friend, even when she was from 1976 and even when Robin came and wanted to be my best friend. Ivy was always my best friend, and she was, for the lack of a better comparison, like a sister to me. And I thought she felt the same. Until school started this year and Ivy met Lucy.

I don't like Lucy, and especially not after she moved into the boarding house. Ivy and Lucy are obviously inseparable and it's not fair, because I didn't do anything to Ivy to offend her, and then she just leaves me to be best friends with Lucy. And Lucy is all hippie-dippie, she's a poet and a guitarist, she writes fiction and sings, she plays the piano and writes short paragraphs on her favorite songs, movies and celebrities. And she's from 1976, so she and Ivy have a lot in common, I guess.

But the worst thing about Lucy is that she is always condescending towards me. And then she turns around and is all sweet cakes and honeydew to everyone else, so if I try to complain about her, they think I'm the terrible one. Except for Robin, who is my best friend now. She is really supportive, and really caring, so she doesn't like Lucy because of how Lucy treats me.

But guess what? Robin revealed that she's found a group of teenagers in Buffalo Hill, which is 20 minutes from where we live, that do historical re-enactments for fun. And I love princesses and the first re-enactment is from the American Revolution era or something, and it's on January 8th, so I'm excited. Robin went to the community center two days ago, and brought back the dress I'll wear, and it's purple and it's gorgeous. I am actually really excited. I think I found a new activity!

So I'm about to sign off because we decided that we should all take a New Year's picture, but I want to end with a new Scrapbook.

Scrapbook

11 Things about Me.

Um, sorry, but Blogger is stupid and it isn't working. But, luckily, Picasa exists and so here is my very own album:

11 Things About Me

So, off to get changed and take a picture. Have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment